If you suspect that you are having problems with your broadband service, please call us at one of the following numbers to report the problem:
- Oregon-Idaho Utilities, Inc: 800-624-0082
- Humboldt Telephone Company: 800-847-5302
- Or you can dial 611 from a Telephone in our area.
Please do not attempt to report problems by email. We do not monitor it for trouble reports.
Before you call, you should take a minute to check these things first:
If you have one of these problems then the trouble is not with your broadband connection.
- If you can reach some Websites but not others then the problem is not your broadband service.
- If some computers can reach the internet but others cannot this indicates that you may have a firewall problem or a set-up issue with that computer.
- Is Your LAN port plugged into the router and is the LAN cable OK?
- Make sure that each telephone instrument sharing your broadband line also has an in-line filter.
- Make sure that all fax machines and satellite TV boxes have a filter. These are often missed.
- Try powering off our router, counting to ten, and powering it back on again.
- If you have a wireless router behind our router you should set it as an access point only with DHCP enabled. Do not configure it as a router also as it can interfere with our router.
- If you hare having problems with your email but you can connect to the Web, then the problem is with your computer or a program on your computer.
- Remember, we do not provide computer, software or home network support. If you have a problem with one of these, please contact a qualified computer technician for help.